- As per Ayurveda our body prepares Ras from our food. Ras means an abstract which has been produced after proper process of chewing and digestion. Such type of Ras mixes in our blood first. Vitamins and minerals release from blood and deposits in liver, bones etc. The third step is MANSH. In process of digestion, body produces a substance MANSH. Fat and cough have been produced from MANSH.
- In this forth step, when our system works poorly, MANSH converts into cough. This cough means undigested food. The basic reason of Cold-cough is indigestion. When our digestive system works poorly, body becomes victim of cold, cough and sneezing.
- Some people suffer from dust allergy. Their are more then 1.5 crores particles in air. Dust, smoke, Poisonous gases, vitamins, viruses, bacteria, infection and many more mysterious things are their in air. During breathing, such types of things enter in our body but our immune system regularly throws away bad elements and keeps important and alive things.
- Their is a diaphragm in our stomach, under lungs. During breathing, diaphragm pushes lungs upward. With this natural rhythm, diaphragm can expand easily. But in case of indigestion, gas, acidity and constipation, diaphragm looses it’s tone and rhythm. In such condition, dust, smoke and other unhealthy elements disturb person before entering.
In healthy human body what happen during breathing? Air goes inside, body uses pure air after filtration and throws impurities. But in case of poor digestion, such automatic action becomes weaken. Inner temperature decreases and cough produces. Such extra cough disturbs lungs and blood. In case of gas and indigestion, the peristalsis movement has been disturbed. In this situation gas or vayu goes upward, closes nasal airway and becomes responsible for sneezing.
- We should chew and masticate our food properly and with ease,
- If you suffer regularly from cold and cough, stop taking milk at least for 6 months. You can have milk in tea-coffee.
- Butter milk and curd are the closest relatives of cold, cough and sneezing. Try to avoid it. Don’t take it after 3 p.m. in any case,
- Try to take dinner as early as possible. And avoid taking anything after dinner. These types of habits will help to improve digestion. If your digestion improves, automatically you will get rid of from cold, cough and allergy.
- Body requires inner warmth and we can get inner strength and warmth with the help of regular exercises, sun bath and warm water,
- Water prepared with dry ginger helps to reduce cold, cough and sneezing. Take one tea spoon dry ginger and boil it in 6 glasses of water till it becomes half. Now filter it. Take 100 ml from it six times in a day,
- Take one tea spoon turmeric, boil it in a half glass of water for 5-7 minutes, filter it, squeeze 7 drops of lemon in it and drink it when it is luke warm, once or twice a day,
- If you are not a patient of backache or cervical problem, you can do kapalbhati pranayam under guidance of competent person,
- Frequent usage of castor oil or Harde can become helpful to improve digestion,
- One shouldn’t overeat. When we have something more then limit of our stomach, noise comes from inside: ”O.O.O….!” means stop, please..! Inner body is shouting, crying:” traffic jam in my intestine, complications in my brain, heart is beaten and pumping is not in order, liver is loosing it’s capacity and medicines, junk food, oil and spices are stick in the filter of kidneys..!
Friends, the main door of our existence is nostrils. Cold and cough disturbs our entrance. Due to cold and cough, it becomes difficult to focus easily on work. In short, cold and cough is not a small problem.
May God gives you tremendous power for changing habits.
Mukesh Pate, Managing director, Nihar Charitable Trust, Ahmedabad, India. (www.anupan.in)