- In liver function test, it was found that the liver of Mr. Kamlesh(age 35) is fatty. Mr. Kamlesh is very much health conscious. He avoid fried food and never took liquor and tobacco. Regularly, twice in a year he follows his medical tests and his last liver test was normal before 6 month. Then how it happened?
- As per last medical report, his level of Vitamin D-3 was only 4 ng/ml which should be around 30 ng/ml. Doctor advised him to take tablets of Vitamin D-3 and he followed the instruction. But, after some period , he found two things in his regular half yearly reports; one high level of vitamin D-3 and another is fatty liver. Toxicity was started in body due to overdose of Vitamin D-3. As per report, the level of Vitamin D-3 was 97. After 60 ng/ml, toxicity can start at any moment. Due to side effects of D-3 tablets, the liver was damaged.
Some important points:
- If we take 10-12 hours sun-bath within a month, we can get enough amount of Vitamin D-3 from sun rays.
- Before taking sun-bath, the body should be covered with thin cotton/khadi clothes. Face shouldn’t be against sun when the rays are strong. You can keep face against sun in morning rays.
- In noon or when temperature is high, we can get benefit even after keeping our legs of hands against sun.
- In short, we can get Vitamin D-2 from milk, orange juice, rice, wheat, millet and other grains. And sun is the ultimate and only real, natural source of Vitamin D-3.
- Our body can digest calcium only when their is enough amount of vitamin D in our body. Because we can even get calcium from water..! We can get it from vegetables, milk, fruits, grains…. We can get calcium from all most things on our planet. Even we can get it from air..!
- So, when our body is having enough amount of Vitamin D-2 and D-3, Calcium will automatically absorbed in our body. If our digestion is well, we take regular sun-bathe then no need to take tablets of vitamin D and Calcium. If the level of Vitamin D is good, then up to some extent Vitamin B-12 remains in level. In menopause, during long winter and in some exceptional condition, human body require vitamin D and Calcium in the form of tablet and injection.
May God bless you and give you time and power to face Sun..!
Mukesh Patel, Managing Trustee, Nihar Charitable Trust, India. ([email protected])